Springer Hills Farm is a small kennel located in Bay City, WI. It is a short 45-minute drive outside the twin cities. Springer’s are our passion and we are dedicated to raising superior family dogs that Love to Hunt. Our pups have been used for agility, obedience, Hunting Therapy & and as service dogs. Our dogs are all raised family style inside our home where they receive the special attention and proper socialization skills they deserve. Our puppies are born and raised in the house. They are handled from the minute they are born-until the time they leave..Our kids help in the socialization process-once the pups get a bit older. We have 40 acres of open fields and woods-which gives the dogs plenty of room to run and explore. Visitors are always welcome on the weekends we just ask that you give us a call in advance to make sure we will be home. Please remember to wear proper attire for a farm.
We breed Tri-Colored English Springer Spaniels. We strive to breed dogs out of old style european or european/us cross bloodlines. We feel having the imported lines offer genetically cleaner bloodlines due to the restrictions on breeding. The AKC is the world’s largest performance purebred dog registry in the world. The UKC supports the “total dog” philosophy unlike other registries that place emphasis on a dog’s looks. This allows better temperament, trainability, and an all around better dog.
Rules for visiting:
1. No outside animals for the health and safety of all.
2. Wash your hands with sanitizers.
3. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to handle puppies under the
age of 8 weeks.
4. This is a working farm and visitors are not allowed to stray from the house
What to expect when you bring your puppy home:
- We recommend that you bring your puppy in for its initial vet exam within the first 3 days.
- We are proud to feed our dogs Purina Pro Plan dog food. Our puppies are on purina pro plan puppy chicken and rice. The puppies will be use to eating 2 times daily when they leave here to go home. We highly suggest that you pick up a small bag of this food as we have found that the puppies do much better if allowed to remain in this food for at least a month after going home. If you plan on switching to your own food we recommend that you mix the food 1/2 and 1/2 for about 2 weeks.
- Don't forget to schedule your puppies continued booster shots.
- We recommend that if you plan on crate training your puppy that you do so right away so the puppy gets use to it. This not only helps with crate training but also with potty training. The puppy should soon find the crate as a sanctuary and not a place of discipline.
- Don't forget to allow your puppy to relieve its self at least once every two hours until you are able to recognize "the look".
- Frequent leash training will help with obedience as well as socialization.
7. WE ARE HUGE BELIEVERS IN PUPPY & DOG TRAINING. ALTHOUGH WE DON'T REQUIRE THIS-WE HIGHLY SUGGEST TO SEND YOUR PUPPY TO PUPPY OBEDIENCE TRAINING. THIS WILL NOT ONLY HELP YOU WITH MANY OF THE BASIC QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS THAT ARISE WITH A SMALL PUPPY, BUT IS AN EXCELLENT SORCE OF SOCIALIZATION.
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me! I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.